To those of you that celebrate. :) I hope you all have had a fantastic holiday season so far. For me personally, I've felt a little less cheerful this year than in other years...maybe because we're not having Chrismas at my house this year so there's no hectic preparation going on, maybe because we got out tree oh, about a week ago, maybe it's because of the financial crisis going on which is definitely a damper on the festive spirit.
Thankfully though, I'm starting to feel it a little more. We made cookies yesterday and I wrapped all my presents. I've been listening to Christmas music nonstop. The temperature has been below zero for almost this entire week. There's heaps of snow on the ground. How could you not be happy with that?
So in honor of the holiday, I made my perfect Christmas music playlist. :P Yeah, I'm the kind of girl who knows every version of every Christmas song out there...sorry.
1. Step Into Christmas - Elton John
2. Snow - Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney [<3]
3. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Michael Buble
4. Carol of the Bells - Natalie Cole
5. Merry Almost Christmas - Frog and Toad [don't laugh! if you've heard it you know why it's amazing. :)]
6. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey [this song came out in 1994 and it's STILL big]
7. Winter Song - Ingrid Michaelson, Sarah Bareilles
8. Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
9. Winter Wonderland - Jason Mraz [not available on iTunes! URGH]
10. Auld Lang Syne - Artist Medley from The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs
What are your favorite Christmas songs?
ALSO, some other awesome bloggers and authors and I had a secret santa gift exchange this year! A BIG thank you to Lenore who had my name. I am really excited to read Dream Factory and I have to say that I might have...ahem, eaten all the candy already. But with my family's help of course. :)
But, really Lenore, you are amazing and you made my holiday so much brighter.
And now I feel like my own gift that I sent was crap. :P I hope it reached my special person by today!
I just hope you all have a marvelous holiday; eat lots of food, sing carols, watch Elf, and read books!