Saturday, March 21, 2009

About The Blog

I started this blog one chilly February day when I was bored out of my mind and decided I needed something to do. There's not much better of an explanation than that. Sorry.

The actual anniversary of the beginning of all of this is February 25th, 2008. So I've been at it for over a year which is super surprising to me.

In that time, I've written over 100 reviews, Interviewed over 20 authors, and made tons of friends.

My stats are mediocre in comparison to some of the other book blogs out there, but I'm pretty satisfied. I've had around 30,000 page views since beginning my blog. I have over 100 followers on Blogger, and around 180 Google Reader subscribers. So my blog DOES get read. But for me, stats aren't all that important...I just like what I do.

Lately, I haven't been reading as fast as I used to as my free time is being eaten up by larger and larger loads of homework. That's what happens in high school, as I've discovered.

But have no fear! I'm still reading. To make up for my snail-ish speed, I've written longer and more in depth reviews, which is something I like doing. It helps me sort out my thoughts more.

I'm a participant in the book-ish memes, Booking Through Thursday and Waiting on Wednesday. To add to that, I post Bits 'n Pieces interviews with authors every other Wednesday. I also do some random thought posts every now and then.

One of the things I'm most proud of with my blogging is how my writing has changed and developed in the time that I've been doing this. If you want a good laugh, go and read some of my earliest posts and reviews. I really had no idea what I was doing while now, I'm at least a little bit more "with it". My writing and my reviews are still waaay far from perfect, but it's fun for me to see how it's all changed.

My policy for reviews is as follows; I am honest. I will write about the stuff I don't like just as much as the stuff I do like. I try to be as fair and blunt as possible.

My policy for review requests; Send me an email with some basic info about your book and about yourself. Lately, I haven't been accepting as many review copies, because, due to my slow-reading habit, the pile of books that need to be read is insanely enormous. But if your book looks good to me and there's already been some buzz about it, I will definitely consider it.

Also, if you'd like to be featured in one of my Bits 'n Pieces interviews, email me with the same info as above. I am constantly looking for new authors to feature, so the odds are in your favor that I'll gladly include you. :)

And that, my friends, is basically it.

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pour your heart out. :)