Saturday, March 1, 2008

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Nick and Norah meet and use each other at a club one night in order to get revenge on both of their exes. They both had their issues with their previous relationships, but after spending some time talking together, they discover that they're attracted to each other. And after night of clubbing, kissing, and getting to know each other, they both find a part of themselves in the other and have their views of life altered.

I have to say that this was not one of my favorite books. Don't get me wrong, the story line was cute and all with them spending a night together wandering around New York finding out who they are, but there wasn't much more to the plot than that. And with the excessive amount of swearing and sexuality, this book really failed to engage me. When I first picked it up, I thought it would be an enjoyable light read about young love and such, and I guess it was but it really wasn't all that good. The only circumstances I would recommend it under would be if you had absolutely nothing else to read. Sorry, but I didn't really like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.

4 comments:

  1. i still want to read this even if you did not like it :( oh well tho. i just need to go buy/find it now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man. I LOVED N&N. I think it was one of my favorite reads of 2007. I can see where some people would be put off by the swearing though.
    -Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?! N&N is one of my favorite books!

    I'm not usually into the swearing, but I honestly didn't mind in this book.

    hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit wary of the swearing/sexual stuff, but I think I'm going to be reading this book in a while anyways.
    Unless I don't like it. Then I just won't finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)