Saturday, September 20, 2008

Booking Through Thursday/Saturday #3: Autumn Reading

On Saturday

Autumn is starting (here in the US, anyway), and kids are heading back to school–does the changing season change your reading habits? Less time? More? Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?

Based on the absence of my normally frequent reviews, I guess you guys can see that my reading habits change once the school year starts. All the years before this, it hasn't been so bad. I didn't get too much homework and I was able to fit in quite a bit of reading time here and there. This year that has completely changed though. I have loads of homework every night and when that adds up with my two and a half hour nightly sports practice, I don't have as much time as I want for reading. I think I read the same type of books, but I just don't do it as fast as I do during the summer time. 
Right now I'm close to finishing The Lord of the Flies which I was required to read for school and I'm also about 20 pages from finishing Dream Girl. Look for some cool posts in the coming days; the first actual book related posts in quite a while. 

1 comment:

  1. Actually I read so much more in the fall; I like to take advantage of the beautiful weather and sit on the wicker bench on the porch and just spend the day reading.

    Usually in the winter I do the same as well, but I take huge comfy covers and bundle up in them.

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)