Saturday, January 3, 2009

Booking Through Thursday/Saturday #16: Wintery Books & New Year's Resolutions

On Saturday
(Two weeks worth because I'm a slacker and didn't even realize I'd missed a week)

So … any Reading Resolutions? Say, specific books you plan to read? A plan to read more ____? Anything at all?
Name me at least ONE thing you’re looking forward to reading this year!
I'm going to try my very best to read two books a week. Probably not going to happen, but we'll see, right?! A girl can dream...
I'm also going to try to complete the V.C. Andrews Challenge (look at sidebar -->). I've never done a challenge before so it'll definitely be interesting to see how much of a slacker I really am. :)

What I want to know today is … what are the most “wintery” books you can think of? The ones that almost embody Winter?
Wintery books? I don't even know. 
Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson is pretty wintry, I'd guess, although I still have to read it. Icing On The Lake by Catherine Clark is pretty wintery; it's set in Minneapolis (where I live) which is definitely a wintery place. 
Really, all of Minnesota is pretty cold and snowy. Now that I think about it, there aren't a ton of books set in winter which should change because I really need to read more warm and fuzzy snowy books right about now...

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to summer break that is for sure!

    The first book the reminds me of winter is I Know It's Over by CK Kelly Martin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liv, I tagged you in a meme on my blog.

    -Kaylee

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)