Friday, July 10, 2009

Exfoliation

I have come to the realization that gradually this blog is becoming more and more personal. I still do reviews and interviews and other book-ish features but there are starting to be a lot of posts about random stuff that pertains more to my life and random rantings than to the literary industry. Do you guys think this is a good or a bad thing? I don't think it's my goal to have a completely book-related blog. But would you guys want it more book-related? Or is all of the personal crap at least relatively interesting? Let me know either way. I want some people to weigh in.

This post is going to be personal. Just saying.

So over at makeundermylife.com the girl who runs it does this thing called an End of the Week Exfoliation. She gets rid of one thing every Friday that she hasn't used for a while or isn't being loved enough. Sometimes she'll give it away to the first commenter who wants it. But I just like the idea of gradually cleansing myself from all the crap that I keep around so I think I'm going to participate in this. Maybe I'll eventually give away some of the stuff if anyone shows interest but a lot of it is going to just be junk.

This week's exfoliation comes in two parts. Cuts and cowboys.



I got a weird hair cut. Not sure if I like it yet. I'm going to wait for it to grow out and shag up a bit before I decide. I am liking the airiness though. I have extremely thick hair so having it long was not working so well. And in the second picture I'm wearing pajamas. So don't judge me on that. I was too lazy to change.

The real exfoliation was a cowboy hat spray-painted red for my school's homecoming this past year. I feel bad for the people that made them because they put hours of work into them but no one wore them. Eh. So it goes.



So there you go. Thumbs up or down on all of this personal business?

8 comments:

  1. Definite thumbs up for me. Personal tid bits are a great way for us to get to know you as a person rather than just a book-lover even though that's more than enough reason to like you and visit your blog <3.

    I haven't been as good about keeping up with all the blogs I follow and commenting but I'm really working on it. I enjoy reading a great random post about non-book related things every now and then.

    And I think this Exfoliation project sounds like a good thing. It'll be a chance to make space for yourself and let go of extra... "baggage" if you will.

    P.S. I like the hair cut. I know what you mean about liking the airiness =) Thick hair can be a drag at times.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally don't mind your more personal posts. You always find a way to make them interesting and I enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your personal posts. You're an interesting person.

    I like your hair cut too. I have thin hair, but I've been cutting it (shoulder length) each summer the last two years and love not having hot hair weighing me down! So I can understand what you mean about airiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really like the personal posts too. It doesn't work for some people but it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind them. It's kind of nice to see another side of book bloggers, you know, to get to know them better.

    I know how you feel with the hair. My hair was super long and yesterday I got 11.5 inches off. It's up to my shoulders now and while it's hard to get used to so far, it's much cooler (heat-wise) than my long hair.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say I don't mind. Post what you want!

    I think the cut looks cute from the back. My sister has thick hair, and I know what a pain hers can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey-I have given you a Kreative Blogger Award! Come and see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)