Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's Not You, It's Me by Kerry Cohen Hoffman

Zoe loves Henry.
Henry dumps Zoe.
Zoe wants Henry back - at any cost.
Zoe's two best friends come up with a plan to help Zoe get what she wants. The plan: make Henry jealous.
But the plan takes a surprising turn...
(Summary from jacket flap)

So I read this book a while ago and thought so little of it that I didn't want to write a review of it. I think it's probably worse that I'm doing it now because I remember almost nothing about the plot or the characters or really anything.

So basically, the thing I think I can say with certainty is that this book sucked. First of all it was too short to actually have any space in which to develop a story line or build any tension or emotions. Secondly, Zoe was completely pathetic and Henry was a loser and the other guy who Zoe decided to use and smooch around with was just as lifeless. It was like reading about the adventures of paper dolls.

I don't know if there's anything good to say. The cover's cute, I think. I like the little chicks and the spirals coming out of the red ones mouth. Very aesthetically pleasing.

But not memorable at all. Just a stupid book, IMO.

D - just for the cover.

8 comments:

  1. Ha. I haven't heard any good reviews of this one, yet I still really want to read it. Maybe to see if it's as awful as everyone says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it was that bad... maybe I just have really weird taste in books? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I have yet to find a good review on this novel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such bad things about this one and I bought it before people started posting reviews. :/ Ah well, like you said, the cover is cute haha and maybe I'll love it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not found any reviewers that think this book is good. I had so much hope for it and the cover is totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really disagree. I loved this book! Guess 'casue I'm just a sucker for romance...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting article. Were did you got all the information from? Anyway thank you for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was too short to actually have any space in which to develop a story line or build any tension or emotions.

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)