Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Library

I love the library. I really do. It's nice to be able to get books for free so you can read them and judge them and purchase them later if you like them enough. I would be nowhere without the library. I definitely wouldn't have enough money to satisfy my reading obsession if it wasn't there. There is one downside though, and that is that it is just so hard to choose books! I went there today and I ended up taking out five more books than I had on hold which is bad. It means that I will be that much more rushed to get them all read and returned before the due date. Everytime I browse the shelves, I see a bajillion books that catch my eye and it's so hard to limit myself! How can I stand to take just a few? But then I have to hit myself on the head and say; can you really read that many books in a two week period? And the answer would be...well, no. But nonetheless, I still end up taking out many books more than I could possibly read. Ugh. I guess I'll just have to read faster. But that too is also getting harder as the pressure of the school year ending draws upon us. So as I'm taking more and more books out of the library, there is less and less time to actually read them. It's quite sad. Wish me luck as I try to gobble a pile of books up to beat the due date and the heavy fines. Eek!

5 comments:

  1. I have been to the library pictured above. It is in Trinity College in Dublin. Beautiful place.Have you been there? We went there to see the Book of Kells. It must have been four years ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That library looks awesome...

    I feel the same exact way about libraries. Although, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I do volunteer work at the library in my town, so I renew my books for longer than I am allowed to... so I can have the same book checked out for two months and nobody would be any wiser.

    But shh... it's a secret =P

    Can't wait for the freedom of summer!!!

    Te amo,
    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari: I actually haven't been there. I just liked the picture a lot. It looks like such an awesome library. That's so neat that you got to go!

    Chelsie: You lucky duck! I might have to start volunteering now to get some of those super cool perks. :P And I, too cannot wait for summer. I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief when it finally comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always check out way to many and there is no way to read them all. I usually end up returning them on time and then taking them back out at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that library looks awesome...*drools*

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)