Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bits 'n Pieces - Tara Altebrando (#29)

Tara Altebrando is the author of the YA novels, The Pursuit of Hapiness and What Happens Here. I read What Happens Here a month or two ago and completely fell in love with it. It was one of the best books I've read this year, by far (review). You can visit Tara's website here and purchase What Happens Here on Amazon. Enjoy the interview! :)

This or that:
Rain or shine?
Shine
iPod or mp3 player?
Ipod
Movies or TV?
Movies on TV
City or country?
City
Mountains or beaches?
Beaches
Dots or stripes?
Stripes
Dogs or cats?
Dogs
Cooking or eating out?
Husband’s cooking
Coffee or tea?
Coffee
Books or magazines?
Books

Favorites:
Book-
Wonder When You’ll Miss Me by Amanda Davis
Book store-
Um. Amazon. Because it is the only bookstore I can get to easily with any regularity. [I would love to support my local independent but it is smelly and un-alphabetized. ]
Movie-
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
Music artist-
Flaming Lips
Website-
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Designer-
I’m not that fancy.
Coffee chain-
I’m not that addicted.
Guilty pleasure-
Crime dramas
Restaurant-
Hmmmn. I have a LOT. I’ll say Tournesol, which is a French bistro in Long Island City, Queens. I tend to end up there on special occasions.
Color-
Green

Have you ever:
Lived abroad?
Yes. In Dublin for a year and a half.
Gotten a tattoo?
No. I once thought about getting an 8-ball but then realized I wasn’t really THAT good at pool.
Stayed up for the midnight release of a movie or book?
No. Though I did go to a very late, very sold-out showing of the Blair Witch Project on day two, maybe?
Disliked your job?
Yes, but I’ve never actually worked full-time anywhere, so I can’t really complain too much.
Cried during a movie?
All the time. I am a weeper.
Sang karaoke?
Hell’s yeah. And badly.

Questions:
If you were on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you?
1) A hammock; 2) a bucket for building sandcastles; 3) sunscreen 4) a bottle in which to maybe send a message on a piece of (5.) paper.
What’s on the list of things you have to do during your life?
I really want to get to Asia and to Australia but right now is not really the time, with my daughter so young. I would like very much to go swimming in those phosphorescent pools somewhere, maybe Bali?
If you could have one super power what would it be?
X-ray vision. I want to know what all that thumping in my daughter’s room is.
What’s your perfect music playlist?
I’m not much of a playlist person. I’m more of an album listener.
What’s the one food you could eat day after day and not get sick of?
Pasta.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Iceland. It looks like another planet.
What moment in history do you wish you could’ve experienced?
I would have liked to have gone to Coney Island when the big amusement parks of the early 1900s existed. I think I would have liked taking a spin on the human roulette wheel.
What does your dream library look like?
The opposite of my current library, which is in storage bins in my garage.
When you walk into a bookstore, where do you head first?
Usually new fiction, then YA, then books for littler ones like my daughter.
If everyone had to read one book, what would you have it be?
The book I’m writing now. Stay tuned!

~~~

Thank you Tara!

1 comment:

  1. What a great load of questions and some fun answers thanks so much for sharing.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)