Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday #9 - The Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd (#8)

A little weekly/everyotherweek meme in which I get to pine for books that aren't out yet. *sighs* Started by Jill.
It’s Dade’s last summer at home. He has a crappy job at Food World, a “boyfriend” who won’t publicly acknowledge his existence (maybe because Pablo also has a girlfriend), and parents on the verge of a divorce. College is Dade’s shining beacon of possibility, a horizon to keep him from floating away. Then he meets the mysterious Alex Kincaid. Falling in real love finally lets Dade come out of the closet—and, ironically, ignites a ruthless passion in Pablo. But just when true happiness has set in, tragedy shatters the dreamy curtain of summer, and Dade will use every ounce of strength he’s gained to break from his past and start fresh with the future.
(Summary from Amazon)

A promising plot, an awesome cover, and an intriguing title? I think that that'll add up to a pretty great book.
Released May 14, 2009

10 comments:

  1. I do love this cover. Sounds great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also excited about this title since I heard about a few months ago, although I haven't been able to find out much more about it yet in pre-pub reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! I really really want to read this one. I wish I had an early copy, but ah well...let's just hope it's not hard to find in May.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want this one too. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, sounds good, and the cover is cute! Love the "solidness" of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna read this. The synopsis intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE A COPY!!!! I am so excited to have it. :) I can't wait to read it. It should be an awesome book.

    I also totally agree with the other commenters- this book has been hard to find info about. The author doesn't seem to have a site or anything, and it seems like there's been no promotion for it. My copy is a hardcover so it doesn't have any marketing info so I don't even know what they attempted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the book does sound promising 8)

    P.S. I have given you an award here:

    http://creativitygone.blogspot.com/2009/04/day-126-friendly-splash.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I found this! www.nick-burd.com. SAMPLE CHAPTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is soooo good, I just finished it and it blew me away. He is an awesome writer! Read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)