Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Roundup

That would be the new Times Square, multi-colored New Years Ball. Woah.

So 2008 has been a great year. A really great year. I've spent a month overseas, started a blog, junior-counseled little kiddos, made new friends, read a lot, and overall, just enjoyed myself. It's been GOOD. 
So in honor of the end of this year here's a list of my top fifteen books of 2008, in no particular order:
1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher review
2. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen review
3. Far From You by Lisa Schroeder review
4. A Little Friendly Advice by Siobhan Vivian review
5. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer review
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer review
7. Looking For Alaska by John Green review
8. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson review
9. Model by Cheryl Diamond review
10.Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr review
11. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert review
12. Paper Towns by John Green review
13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins review
14. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott review
15. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (even though I'm not officialy finished yet)
16. I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin (review down the page)
Sorry, I couldn't pick just 15... :)

Looking back, I've read some seriously great books year; over 100, if I'm not mistaken. Geez, that's a lot. 

For 2009, I probably won't be able to read as much so my goal is to read two books a week, eight a month, 96 total. Oh wait, that IS a lot. Um...well let's just see if I can make it. Cross your fingers. 

Other random resolutions (that probably won't last a week):
1. KNIT! I am so bad at sticking with things but I'm knitting a scarf as a late Christmas present and it's not TOO horrible. I don't think...I even learned how to purl! Off YouTube! So I'd like to knit a leeeetle bit more. It'd be kinda fun.
2. Keep the grades up. Enough said.
3. Read some classics/well-known adult books. Gotta expand those horizons, eh?
4. Keep being active.
5. Enjoy the year!
Do you guys have any good resolutions?


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good books on that list!

    Also some very good resolutions.
    One of mine is to try to save more of my money this year. I realized that if I had done this year, what I had said I would when I was younger (like 12-am now 21), which is to save 20% of each paycheck, I would have had a very nice little savings account!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any official resolutions but I'm trying to not buy as many books and just read the ones I have!

    I used to crotchet, I should try knitting or get back into crotcheting. Or not...baby steps. I'll start with the books and work my way toward other things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list... I have wanted to read hunger games for a while! Your lucky to have the patience to knit, I tried it but I guess it wasn't really my thing. :)

    By the way would you like to do a link exchange?

    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, THE LUXE rocked! My faves this year were the DEATH BY....series by Linda Gerber and PRINCESS BEN by Catherine Gilbert Murdock....really good books!
    Happy New Year, Liv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to keep up with my knitting, too. Since I've started blogging, I haven't been knitting as much, sadly. :(

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)