Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday #2 - Envy by Anna Godbersen

Jealous whispers.

Old rivalries.

New betrayals.

Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming, Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. When Elizabeth refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, however, those watching New York's favorite family begin to suspect that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park South.

Farther uptown, Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker are the city's most celebrated couple. But despite the glittering diamond ring on Penelope's finger, the newlyweds share little more than scorn for each other. And while the newspapers call Penelope's social-climbing best friend, Carolina Broad, an heiress, her fortune - and her fame - are anything but secure, especially now that one of society's darlings is slipping tales to the eager press.

In this next thrilling installment of Anna Godbersen's bestselling Luxe series, Manhattan's most envied residents appear to have everything they desire: Wealth. Beauty. Happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets. . . .

I need to read this book sooo bad. I've read both of the first books in the series, The Luxe and Rumors, and am completely in love with them. Scandal, romance, suspense, juice, all taking place in New York City, drama capitol of the world. I'm really excited to see what Envy has in store because the ending of Rumors left me with my jaw-dropped. Anna Godbersen is going to have to step it up a notch after she um...did something to one of my favorite characters. And let me just say that if you haven't started this series yet, then you are seriously missing out. Please start reading them ASAP. It'll be your Christmas present to me. :P

Envy comes out January 29th, 2009.

PS: And just a little note, I've decided that it's too much pressure to stick to my reading schedule for The Lovely Bones so while I am still reading it, the posts won't be regular. Sorry! 

8 comments:

  1. I still need to read Rumors but I really liked The Luxe. This cover makes me a bit sad though- it should have had some green on it! The covers are always very elegant though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on The Luxe for some time now. I haven't been into it that much, but I'm going to finish it and read the rest of the series! I didn't read the synopsis of your post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books! I am so excited for this one to come out :) I absolutely love the covers - in fact the cover is the reason I even read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started The Luxe last night and I am totally hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I did the same one for WAITING....Great minds think alike! LOL. I luv the Luxe and I have RUMORS on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in complete and total love with The Luxe and Rumors because they are just so awsome!!
    I think that Anna Godbersen is an awsome writer because i never saw anything that happened coming!I can hardly wait for the 29th of January to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just started reading the third book in the series (Envy) and needless to say.....I am super hooked! The story is amazing and keeps you on the edge with all these characters. I cannot believe what is happening with Elizabeth and Diana and Henry and I totaly love Teddy.....I wish Elizabeth would give him a chance.....you could tell how much he likes her. I also hope that by the end of the book Henry steps up to the plate and becomes a man......! He needs to make a final decision and fight for his Diana. I love this series and suggest it to anyone wanting a great love story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!! Ilove the Luxe series it is in my top three fav series. I highly recomend the books and although i have not read Envy i have read an exerpt and i am ordering it from Amazon this weekend. I loved the first two books and Rumors left you screaming for more. Seriously if you have'nt already started this series then you don't really know what good books are. And if you like the Luxe then check out A Great and Terrible Beauty. With my personal taste i also liked the Blue Bloods and the Vampire Acadmey series so if you run out of stuff to read then check out those books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pour your heart out. :)