Sunday, March 8, 2009

Booking Through Thursday/Saturday #24: The Best Book You've Never Read

(On Saturday)

We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet.
What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?


This is sooo easy for me because I have this enormous list of books I have yet to read. Top of the list of supposedly amazing books? The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson. I've heard such high praise for both of these books and the only thing that's kept me from reading them is prior reading commitments; books for review, library books that are due, books of authors I'm interviewing, etc. And I actually own both of these books which makes it especially pathetic. 

I swear, I'm trying to get back on the reading wagon...but it's so hard! I have so much to do and so little time. e.g. homework, American Idol, homework, friends, school projects, catching up on the Oscar movies, homework, and on. It's rather horrible. I just need to get dedicated. I'm finishing up The Lovely Bones and I'm reading Willow (I'm sorry it's taken me so long, Khy!) next so hopefully that will get me out of my pitiful slump? Here's to high hopes.

1 comment:

Pour your heart out. :)