Monday, June 2, 2008

Author Meme!

I was tagged by Ravenous Reader and Page Numbered
Rules: Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
Why do we have to start with the hardest question first? And although that is a really difficult question I think I can narrow it down to a few. I would say that Meg Cabot is the author whose books I have enjoyed the most because she has so many of them and if there were ones I didn't like, the good ones outweighed them. It's all a matter of my satisfaction average. Ha. I would also say Stephenie Meyer for obvious reasons. And John Green, not because of An Abundance of Katherines but for Looking For Alaska which was pretty much the best book ever. Ever. There are some other authors out there whose books I've thoroughly enjoyed, but I haven't read enough of their stuff to say that they're on my all-time favorite list. They're getting there though. Some of those guys are Siobhan Vivian, Richelle Mead, Gabrielle Zevin, Maureen Johnson, E. Lockhart, Susan Beth Pfeffer, Elizabeth Scott, and tons more. There are too many good authors out there.

2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?
Marc Brown. He's the author of the Arthur series and those books are works of genius. Seriously, if you didn't enjoy Arthur as a kid there is something wrong with you. And they even made a TV show out of it too! What could be better? And no, I don't think he's one of my favorite authors now, because I read YA, not books about aardvarks.

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Probably Siobhan Vivian and Susan Beth Pfeffer and Jay Asher. Their books completely floored me and whenever any of them have a new book out, you can count on the fact that I will be the first in line to read it.

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
Meg Cabot and Stephenie Meyer would pop out on reflex because everyone knows about them and their books. They are also spectacular authors. If I was talking to someone who was actually "in the know" with YA books, I would say Scott Westerfeld, John Green, Sarah Dessen, Siobhan Vivian, Susan Beth Pfeffer, Jay Asher, E. Lockhart, Catherine Ryan Hyde, Cherry Cheva, and about a bajillion others who would be added if I had enough time to think.

And I'm going to be completely lame and not tag anybody because I seriously can't find one person that hasn't been tagged yet. If I overlooked you and you haven't done this awesome meme yet, consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pour your heart out. :)