Saturday, October 11, 2008

Booking Through Thursday/Saturday #6: Book Meme

On Saturday

I’ve seen this series of questions floating around the ‘net the last few days, and thought it looked like a good one for us!

What was the last book you bought?
Paper Towns by John Green, along with Let It Snow. I got them so I could get them signed. :)

Name a book you have read MORE than once
Twilight, Harry Potter 1&2

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
Not really, no. I mostly read YA and I don't think any of those types books have a strong enough message to fundamentally change my life. Sadly. It would be cooler if I were able to say yes. I do read a lot and that hobby has changed my life to an extent, though.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
Basically all of the things listed above. The cover is super important to me as is the plot summary. I want to make sure I don't end up reading anything cliched or boring. I also depend a lot on the reviews I read around the blogs to see what other people like me think of it. 

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction for SURE! I rarely read non-fiction which probably isn't that great, but I just love the idea of being taken away into a place where you can read about other people's troubles and not worry, at least for a little bit, about your own. 

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
Plot is definitely more important. Take for example the Twilight series. There's nothing stunning about Stephenie Meyer's writing. Some might even say that it's choppy and disconnected which is pretty valid. Despite that though, the books have been read by almost every teen girl in America. Why? Because they have an interesting and addictive plot. 

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns is probably one of the best characters ever created, in my humble opinion. My most loved book(s) are the Harry Potter books though. They're the books of my decade and they really are fantastic. Harry Potter is a classic and I will be recommending the series to my future children and grandchildren. Haha.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg 
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
Paper Towns by John Green-I finished maybe a week ago? Way too long ago. I need to finish another book ASAP.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
Yes, sadly. I can't really remember any specifically but I think I've given up on around five books in the last year. Just couldn't get into them. *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pour your heart out. :)